Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Coming Soon...

So, a good friend of mine has loaned me his Bushbuddy Ultra and I plan to do a video review of it this weekend. It's touted as the "Holy Grail" of UL wood stoves so you can bet I'm excited about taking it out to the woods and firing it up. Let's see if it's worth the $$$. Stay tuned...

Specs According to backpackinglight.com:

Dimensions Stored: 4.25 x 3.75 in (10.8 x 9.5 cm)
Weight: 5.1 oz (144.6 g)
Material: Stainless Steel
Boil Time: One liter of water can be boiled in about 8-10 minutes using dry wood and good technique
Coming Soon...SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

2 comments:

samh said...

Jason -

The price of the Bushbuddy is in the craftsmanship. Pay close attention to the masterful welds, the precision which each piece fits together, the lack of rattling metal pieces when carried in the pack, etc.

Jason Klass said...

Hi Samh,
I'm glad you pointed that out. Certainly, the workmanship is impeccable and that's one of the first things I noticed. I'm going to address that in the video. The question I'm out to answer isn't if the price is justified for the quality, but if it's really $120 better than something like a Trailstove or $140 better than I can make myself for free in overall performance. I guess it's like comparing a beat up old Jeep to a slick new Land Rover: they'll both get you where you want to go, but one will do it with more style (for a lot more dough). He, he.