Monday, January 26, 2009

Cord Lock Light

Last night, I started playing with some of the toys I got from GoingGear.com and think this is my favorite one so far. It's a 0.25 (8grams) cord lock with a built in LED light. Really clever!

So far, I've come up with the following places I think I'll add one:

1. The drawstring on a sleeping bag for late night exits
2. The drawstring on my ditty bag
3. The drawstring on the top of my packs

What are some other places you could add one or other creative uses you can think of?

Cord Lock LightSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

REI carries these cord lock lights as well. They have been tempting me from the end cap of the aisle. I consider the price a little steep, but your video is making me aware that this may be one of those things I "need."

MacGyver74 said...

I love the sleeping bag idea...I could even see using one on the hood drawstring of your favorite shell as well.

Jason Klass said...

Anonymous-
Trust me, it's totally worth the 10bucks. Once you get it in your hands, you'll be like, "ohhhh, YEAH!"

Jason Klass said...

Good idea MacGyver!

Jim Muller said...

Nice review. I think I will substitute one for the drawstring on my homemade primaloft pants since I use them for sitting around at night. WinterCampers.com

Anonymous said...

Jim,


On yourpants it could be like a late night search light when taking a pee....LOL

Jason Klass said...

Great idea Jim!

Nielsen Brown said...

What a great idea, will also work with Bivys, now i need to find a supplier in Europe.

expresso said...

Found a better deal for the Cord Lock Light at gofastandlight.com. You get a 3 pack for 19.95, and pretty good value!

expresso said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
expresso said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathy Handyside said...

How about on the zipper pull of your tent door for at night?