Friday, May 1, 2009

The Hiking Circle

A new social network site just launched today with an interesting concept. TheCircle.org is a place where people who want to try something new (like a new hobby) or achieve a goal (like lose weight) can join "Circles" of others who share the same goal. Each Circle is run by a mentor who gives advice through blog posts, forums, articles, videos, etc. It also allows people to set goals and track their progress. So why on Earth am I talking about a social network site on Gear Talk? Because I'm the mentor for the Hiking Circle! My last post was about how to choose the right backpack. Please check out the site and if you know of anyone who wants to try something new and is looking for support, please send them over to The Circle!
The Hiking CircleSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

2 comments:

Robin said...

I checked it out, looks like it has a lot of possibilities.

Good luck, I hope it is successful.

Robin
BackpackBaseCamp Blog

Jason Klass said...

Thanks Robin! It's off to a good start and I'm sure it will evolve into a very valuable resource for people looking to enrich their lives. Please keep it in mind the next time you hear a friend say, "You know what I've always wanted to try?"