That's right, I'm giving away a brand new Jim Falk Bushwhacker stove. All you have to do to win is post the best gear disaster story. Tell us about the most catastrophic gear fiasco you've ever had. The time you accidentally impaled yourself with your own spork. The time both of your pack straps failed, leaving you to carry your pack down the mountain as if you were holding a baby. Or the time you almost set the garage on fire when your new prototype stove unexpectedly exploded. Extra points if you lost an eyebrow or two.
Here are some features of the stove:
- Small ultra-light wood gas stove.
- 3 stoves in 1 - wood stove, slow cooker and food warmer.
- Extremely small pack size of 4-1/4" wide x 4-7/8" high.
- Weighs only 6.7 ounces.
- Double wall construction - 2 piece nesting design.
- Burns twigs and wood for fuel.
- No dangerous liquid or gas fuels to carry, perfect for airline travel.
- Boils 2 cups of water within 12 minutes.
- Keep your meal warm with simmer times up to 30 minutes.
- Adjustable air intake ports allows for heat control and variable cooking times.
- Special design feature allows for easy lighting.
- Hands free cooking, load once with wood, light and walk away, no need to baby sit the fire.
- It even makes charcoal.
I look forward to hearing all of your stories. I will make a final decision Friday September 18th. Good Luck!
Thanks for all your stories everyone. They were great. The winner is Chris for his story of Scorpian stove. I love the fact that the hose wasn't on. Very Benny Hill. Chris, send me your address and I'll get the stove out to you. be careful out there!