Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My New Site, BackpackFlyfishing.com is live!

I've been talking about it for 2 years and it's finally done. Many of you may not know that I'm a former fly fishing guide and when I go backpacking, I like to take along a fly rod to tease some of the trout in the Colorado backcountry. I found that there wasn't much info. on combining backpacking and fly fishing on the net so I decided to create my own site. There isn't a lot in the way of blog posts yet, but there will be. If you like to backpack and fly fish check out www.BackpackFlyfishing.com. We also have some pretty unique gear there that even people who don't fly fish will find interesting.

I'll be adding new blog posts and products to the gear shop on a regular basis. If you'd like to stay up to date with what's happening on the site, follow us on Twitter. I'd love to get your feedback on what you think of the new site. And if you like backpacking and fly fishing, I'd be honored if you shared your knowledge by participating in the forums.
My New Site, BackpackFlyfishing.com is live!SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

7 comments:

Izzy G. said...

Nice. I know flyheads like me and the guy from Trail Maker will be loving that new site.

Jason Klass said...

Cool Izzy. BTW, I love the term "flyheads" and am going to have to incorporate it into my daily vocabulary now thanks to you!

SL said...

Great job on the site! It looks very professional. I'll be sure to read the blog.

Lance Milks said...

Hey Jason,

I love the new site. I am sure to be a regular visitor. (im the guy from the Trailmarker) I had no idea that you were from Western NY. If you dont mind me asking where exactly. I am from Frewsburg, (Jamestown area). I grew up on Lake Erie fishing steelhead. And cut my fly fishing teeth in and around Allegheny National Forest.

Lance

Mark McLauchlin said...

Good job mate, well done

Jason Klass said...

Hi Lance,
Thanks for the feedback. I'm from Orchard Park, just South of Buffalo. I did most of my steelhead fishing on 18-Mile Creek and Cattaragus Creek. I miss those days but I hear now that it's so crowded it's miserable.

Jason Klass said...

Lance, when you have a chance, can you email me?