Thursday, July 15, 2010

Jason Klass is a Complete Idiot

Well, I hope I'm not a complete idiot but apparently I'm at least an official source for "idiots" looking to get into the great outdoors.  Former Backpacker Magazine editor (and friend) Jason Stevenson has referenced me in his new book The Complete Idiot's Guide to Backpacking and Hiking under the DIY gear section.

Click here for the PDF and scroll down to page 2 to see the reference.  I have to admit, some of the "The Complete Idiot's Guide to...(insert your new interest here)" books are actually pretty good for newbies and I'm honored to be mentioned in Jason's book.  I'm not sure, but as far as I know, this is the first time I've been referenced in a published book (not just a magazine).  Anyway, Jason is an excellent writer and if you know of anyone looking to get into backpacking or hiking, this would be a good recommendation or gift. His style is fun, informative, and very accessible.

If you're new to backpacking and read this book, you're not an idiot.  You're starting in the right place.

Now all I have to do is get published in a "(fill in the blank) for Dummies" book and some Cliff's Notes to make it big time!
Jason Klass is a Complete IdiotSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

11 comments:

Izzy G. said...

Personally I've always enjoyed "Dummies" and "Complete Idiots" books cause they're simplistic and not wordy.

Sarah Kirkconnell said...

You have made it ;-)

Ken Shoufer said...

Congratulations! That's quite an achievement making it in a book by a popular publisher. Your videos are very professional and they deserve a larger audience.

Robin said...

Very Cool! We'll see you on TV when Oprah does a backpacking show!!

robin

Jolly Green Giant said...

That's definitely pretty cool. Course I've been known as an idiot for a very long time.

Kathy Handyside said...

Very cool! Congratulations, Jason!

Kathy Handyside said...

Jason, I'd love to see you and some of the other ultralight gear people on the staff of Backpacker magazine. They need to have more ultralight stuff in that magazine.

Four Jacks and a Pup said...

You deserve it Jason! Thanks for all the videos.

Some old guy said...

I'm so touched -- someone wrote me a book! And you're in it!

Hiking Lady said...

Very cool, congrats Jason!

Ray said...

Jason, you're immortal now!!!! I am so proud for you, LOL. No, really. You justify all of us DIY Gearheads by representing us fabulously. Keep it up.